Bypass Windows 10 Password
Today I am going to guide you how to reset Windows 10 administrator password.
Let’s put a very unique case. You have a new Windows 10 computer that is set to boot only from the internal hard drive. No matter how you set the BIOS your computer does not boot from other thing that Windows Boot Manager and even your BIOS does not have CSM or Legacy option to boot from a Live Password Recovery CD.
Your computer only boot from the hard drive and it is set to a local account. You cannot go online to Microsoft and reset your password because it will not have any effect in your local account.
Well, there is still a thing you can do. I am going to show you how to change the password on your computer.
You need to have another computer to make it works. These are the steps to follow:
- Extract the hard drive from the computer you cannot login.
- Connect it to a computer that you have access. You can do it by using a USB to SATA bridge:
Products from Amazon.com
- Now, look for a drive letter that should be assigned to the attached Hard Drive. In this example it is Drive H:
- Run a Command Prompt as Administrator.
- From the cmd type: takeown /F H:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
- Then type: cacls H:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe /e /p yourusername:f
- Now rename the Utilman.exe with this comand rename H:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe Utilman1.exe
- Then do the same thing for cmd.exe
- From the cmd type: takeown /F H:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
- Then type: cacls H:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /e /p yourusername:f
- Now rename the cmd.exe with this command rename H:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe Utilman.exe
- Exit the command prompt.
- Extract the hard drive and connect it to the computer that you cannot login to.
- Boot the computer and once you get to the login screen click on the Ease of access icon:
- This will bring up a command prompt window.
- Now type: net user yourusername *
- Now the system will ask for the new password, just type it twice.
- Close the Command prompt windows and login with your new password.
If you follow this simple steps you will be able to gain access to your Windows 10 computer that you had forgotten your password. These steps work for Windows Vista to windows 10.
For watch a full video tutorial visit our YouTube channel.